Grand Rapids, MI Exterior Home Painting
There’s a lot to love about living here in Grand Rapids, from the thriving downtown scene to the nature parks along the Grand River. Our seasons are a big draw too, whether you prefer a hot summer day on Lake Michigan or museum hopping when that winter chill sets in.
These seasons are a beautiful thing, but all that UV damage, moisture, and temperature fluctuation takes a real toll on your home. That’s why professional exterior painting is so important, and why it’s crucial that you partner with a painting company that ensures the job is done right.
Benefits of Exterior Residential Painting
Style has to be at the top of the list, right? Exterior painting is a relatively fast process, but it delivers the biggest stylistic change of nearly any home improvement project. Watching those new colors sweep across your siding, trim, and doors is especially exciting if you’re using the opportunity to rethink your palette and curb appeal. There’s nothing wrong with sticking with a favorite look, but trying something new can pay off in a big way too.
Let’s dig deeper than just style or curb appeal for a minute. Here are a few other key ways that exterior painting really benefits your property:
- Increased property value. Ask any realtor and they’ll tell you that fresh, inviting color moves the needle on the sale of a home in a tangible way.
- Surface protection. It’s more than a pretty face! Paint actually protects your surfaces and acts as a first line of defense, leading to a longer lifespan overall for our customers’ exposed materials.
- Pest prevention. Professional exterior painting involves fresh caulking as well, working alongside your paint to create a less inviting habitat for pests of all types.
- Reduce rot and moisture damage. When you seal out the moisture you drastically reduce the risk of rot taking root. A proactive house painter can help you look for vulnerabilities too, catching problems early or preventing them altogether.
Understanding Our Exterior Painting Process
The value of your exterior paint job isn’t just found in the results. It’s found in the process.
In other words, you can have two Grand Rapids homes, each one freshly painted and looking beautiful. But the paint on one begins to fail in about 2-3 years, and the paint on the other lasts 10-12. What’s the difference?
Much of your exterior painting project’s success comes down to surface preparation and the products your painter chooses. If the right steps aren’t taken to guarantee a sound substrate, your paint has a weak foundation and just won’t perform as well.
- In preparation for painting, your New Look Painting team will remove old paint and repair damaged wood.
- We then caulk exposed joints.
- We use only high-performance paint products that we know from experience will perform well. Cheap products may be enticing, but the low-quality ingredients make for poor coverage, poor color retention, and poor longevity. A good paint job is ALWAYS a better value than a cheap one!
- Finally, we leave our customers with a small quantity of paint to make future touch-ups easy. Just a little extra value from one homeowner to another.
Why Choose New Look Painting?
As a longstanding Grand Rapids house painter, we know what’s involved, what’s at stake, and we’re proud of our reputation for being a trusted resource. No cut corners for our local painting customers, just clear estimates and clear value.
At each stage of a job, good communication is our priority. We consult with you to ensure you are pleased with the results, and we will not leave a job until you are delighted with every aspect of our work. We stand by our reputation as Grand Rapids’s premier painting contractor.
If you are thinking about rejuvenating the look of your home or business, contact the Grand Rapids exterior painters at New Look Painting for a free estimate or call us directly at 616.532.3300.
We hired New Look Painting to take care of our our living room and dining room ceilings and walls. We could not be happier or more pleased with the level of professionalism and skill of Mike, our painter, that was assigned to the job. He tackled a big job in 4 days and I would not hesitate to hire him again for jobs around our house or our friends and family. He even worked around our family schedule. A++++
I’ve hired New Look Painting several times for both interior and exterior jobs. They always do a beautiful job and are thorough and professional. Highly recommend!!
I am a local Realtor and not only recommend my clients to use Mike and his crew for all their painting needs but I also use them for my own home which tells you I trust that they are the best. Besides fair pricing and wonderful service, Mike (the owner) is an incredibly kind guy that cares about what he does. They are the only painter to go with!
Some Of Our Exterior Painting Projects:
Q. What exterior residential painting services do you offer?
We have all your exterior painting needs covered: exterior siding (vinyl, aluminum, wood, and brick), doors, trim, fascia, gutters, rot repair, and power washing.
Q. When should I repaint the exterior of my house?
Our best advice is to not wait until there’s total paint failure. It may feel like you’re squeezing value out of your existing paint job, but you’re really just putting your home at risk while driving up the complexity of your next repaint. Routine repairs and maintenance is the best course of action, but certainly, if you see any signs of paint failure or extensive fading it’s time to call a pro.
Q. Does exterior residential painting increase property value?
With the right colors and a high-quality paint job, an exterior repaint can certainly contribute to your home’s value and marketability.
Q. How long does the paint last?
There are a lot of factors at play here, from the age, condition, and nature of your siding to weather exposure. In most cases, a quality exterior paint job should last 8+ years.
Q. How should I choose the color?
If you tackle the color selection process yourself, you can always leverage tools like Instagram, Pinterest, and your favorite home improvement blog. You can also ask your exterior painter if they can refer you to a professional color consultant during your painting estimate. This is an extremely helpful way to develop a palette you know you’ll love, and maybe help you think outside the box a bit at the same time.